Ark Start is part of Ark, an education charity that exists to make sure that all children, regardless of their background, have access to a great education and real choices in life. Our nurseries will work in partnership with two Ark schools to provide a home from home where every child feels safe, secure and happy and has access to an excellent early education.
As an apprentice in one of our nurseries, you will work alongside highly qualified and experienced members of staff to create a stimulating and caring environment for children age 2 - 5, developing your practical skills in caring for and educating young children. You will benefit from:
- Frequent internally and externally provided training as part of the network of nurseries and schools
- Weekly coaching and supervision from a qualified teacher
- Weekly on-site training opportunities
We are looking for passionate, hard-working individuals who want to join our nurseries and share a commitment to our mission and values.
- Working with colleagues to deliver excellent early education and childcare provision, ensuring that every child's needs are met and that they thrive in a safe environment
- Building positive relationships with the children, families, colleagues, and internal/external professionals
- Observing, monitoring, and engaging in children's play activities linked to the EYFS. Activities will support children's language and literacy, art and design, numeracy, and physical development
- Keeping records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered
- Assisting with food preparation and serving food to children, ensuring special dietary requirements are met
- Following nursery policies and procedures
- Promoting the values and high standards of the nursery
- Keep the setting clean and hygienic
- Maintaining the outdoor area including gardening and other external work
- Participate fully in staff training and team meetings
This job description is not an exhaustive list and you will be expected to carry out any other reasonable tasks as directed by your line manager.
Successful applicants will need to provide 'right to work in the UK' documentation, undertake a DBS and provide at least two satisfactory references prior to commencing employment.
At Ark Online, you will be working towards an Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Level 3 standard over the course of 18 months.
Potential for ongoing training and development following successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
We are looking for passionate, hard-working individuals who want to join our nurseries and share a commitment to our four values:
- Aim High
- Be Brave
- Be Kind
- Always Learning brave
You need to have a keen interest in the childcare Industry and be dedicated to working towards your apprenticeship.
No previous qualifications required.
- Early Years Educator Level 3
- Functional Skills in maths and English L2