DLA Piper - Property & Workplace Assistant Apprentice - LS838 - Advanced (Level 3)
D L A Piper Uk Llp
MEADOWHALL TRAINING LIMITED
The role is based within the Property & Workplace team in the Liverpool office, working across various departments to provide support to colleagues and clients. The DLA Piper Property and Workplace department provides premises and office services including management and maintenance of the firm's property portfolio and business support services including but not restricted to reprographics, maintenance, storage, archiving, mail.
The DLA Piper Property and Workplace department provides premises and office services including management and maintenance of the firm's property portfolio and business support services including but not restricted to reprographics, maintenance, storage, archiving, mail services, logistics, catering, vending, reception, switchboard services, security, cleaning, hospitality and meeting room support, refurbishments, projects and relocations, health and safety compliance.
This role will enable the successful applicant to build a wide range of skills and experience within a business support function.
Duties Will Include:
- Follow internal procedural guidelines ensuring all systems are updated and documentation is completed
- Dealing with queries and requests from internal and external clients and visitors at all levels
- Assist with incoming and outgoing post, DX and courier deliveries
- Records management (archiving) requests and returns as required
- Distribution of external and internal deliveries as required
- Deal with approved suppliers to ensure stock levels within the office and department are maintained
- Identifying and reporting any maintenance or cleaning issues to the firm's external contractors
- Deal with travel requests and issue rail tickets
- To produce and finish hard copy documents from a wide range of originals to a high standard in various sizes
- Undertake printing requests from a variety of applications including Microsoft office suite
- Scanning of hard copy originals to store on the document management system or to send electronically as required
- Manipulation and distribution of electronic documents using specialised software including OCR, redaction, and splitting files to ready for distribution via various methods such as E-Bible or secure FTP
- Provide a first class professional and client focused reception service to internal and external clients and visitors which supports the firm's business needs and vision
- Booking and setting up video conference facilities and Webex meetings
- To undertake ad hoc departmental duties from time to time in accordance with departmental and business needs, as identified by the manager
- To attend health and safety and departmental meetings as required taking an active part in discussions and giving feedback
- Read and understand the requirements of the firm's Health and Safety policy and ensure that it is applied appropriately
Possible progression to a permanent role within the company.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication skills and a high level of professionalism are required to fulfil the role
- Good level of IT knowledge with an understanding of file structures and a wide range of applications
- Ability to stay calm and composed in often demanding situations
- Focus on continued personal development and ensuring all training requirements are up to date
- Polite, professional and friendly
- Smartly presented
- Customer service focused
- Enthusiastic with a 'can do' attitude
- Good timekeeping and attendance
- Confident and able to build trust and rapport to develop effective relationships
- Able to handle multiple priorities, working to sometimes conflicting timescales in a fast-paced and challenging environment
Be educated to GCSE level or equivalent standard with maths and English at grade 4/C or above
The successful candidate will study:
- Level 3 a Business Administrator standard
- Functional Skills if required
This will be aided by an Assessor who will carry out all assessments as work based learning, within the workplace.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.