The successful applicant will have a passion for hairdressing and want to progress within the industry, have a professional manner and great communication skills.
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
- Assisting with reception duties greeting clients and offering refreshments
- Assist all staff with the day to day running of the salon
- Work together as team to achieve goals
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
Upon completion a Level 3 qualification can be discussed and progression within the salon.
Working in the hairdressing industry you will be working for long period of times on your feet and work most Saturday's and possibly a late night.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Organised with attention to detail
- Enthusiastic with a desire to succeed
- Confident and ability to use own initiative
- Helpful and friendly approach
Good grades in English and Maths are an advantage but not essential when it comes to a decision on functional skills level.
You will be required to do one day per week 'off the job' training at our Academy in Barnsley which will incorporate both practical and theory work.
You will be assessed on your competence in both practical and theory. You will also be required to complete an End Point Assessment (EPA) which will provide a snapshot holistic assessment of your practical skills, similar to an industry trade test. You will demonstrate you can complete a range of services on a number of models to industry standards and within commercial timings.
You will gain Diploma Level 2 Hair Professional qualification, alongside this you may be required to do Functional skills in Maths and English (dependent upon any prior learning) and the level will be determined on GCSE results or equivalent to.