Digital & Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship - IT Apprentice
CAMBRIDGE MEDICAL ROBOTICS LIMITED
Anglia Ruskin University
We’re offering the opportunity of a fully funded BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions degree in collaboration with Anglia Ruskin University. You will be earning a competitive salary whilst learning and most importantly without the debt! You’ll have the added advantage of gaining industrial experience and relevant work skills which will benefit your long-term career. Let us invest in your future by enabling you to work with and learn from, your colleagues in IT.
In return we’re looking for responsible, talented individuals who are seeking an alternative to the more ‘traditional’ University route.
Although the Apprenticeship will be a Fixed Term Contract for the duration of the four-year programme, the offer of a permanent position is dependent on personal performance and opportunities within the team.
- Providing IT assistance to the business
- Working collaboratively within the IT Support Team to ensure that all aspects of IT infrastructure, computers and applications meet the needs of our demanding users in a fast-paced environment
- Setting up new IT infrastructure and office moves
Naturally, you’ll be keen to start a career in IT and be able to prove your interest in IT Support. You’ll have a practical and flexible approach, and you’ll be a great team player and happy to throw yourself into a fast-paced, non-hierarchical environment. We’re also looking for you to be:
- A good communicator and organiser, and able to build and sustain productive working relationships with all colleagues (IT team, software developers, engineers and commercial teams). You’ll be willing to learn and understand how to explain technical IT issues to non-technical users
- A proactive problem solver, able to ask questions and get information to correctly diagnose computer problems and understand what level of support is needed when a problem is presented
- Able to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges
- Once you have completed the relevant qualification, dependent upon individual performance and opportunities within IT there should be career progression with us
- Candidates must be aware that if successful they will start with CMR in September 2019
- We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our infamous monthly BBQs). On top of that, you’ll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people
- Details of any travel required as part of their qualification will be clarified during the selection process. We’re happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments the candidate may require
- Knowledge of PC and laptop hardware
- Maintaining and troubleshooting Windows desktop OS
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support to system users
- Basic programming/scripting
- Basic networking
- AWS and other cloud infrastructure
- The ability to self-manage and use initiative
- A committed and motivated approach to learning and your own personal development
- A willingness to listen to feedback and learn from mistakes
- Resilience and self-awareness
- The ability to plan ahead and prioritise workload
- A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
- Keen to provide a 1st class level of customer support ensuring that all users are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner
You should have (or be predicted to achieve) at least:
- A minimum of 112 UCAS points, (A level grades BBC or equivalent, e.g. BTEC DMM) including at least 1 STEM subject
- If English is not your first language, you will be expected to demonstrate a certificated level of proficiency of at least IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
You will undertake a BSc (Hons) Degree Apprenticeship in Digital & Technology Solutions at Anglia Ruskin University.
As well as apprenticeship training through Anglia Ruskin, you will also receive on-the-job training and any other courses which are relevant to your role whether external or internal.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.