Digital Technology Solutions Degree Apprentice with Willis Towers Watson
WILLIS TOWERS WATSON UK HOLDINGS LIMITED
BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION LIMITED
We are looking to expand our Life Insurance team to broaden our technology capabilities to meet this growing demand. In joining our team, you will be a key part of this growth.
The Role: Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship
Our Life Insurance Consulting & Technology (ICT) team is looking for an apprentice who can demonstrate the ability to learn about the Life Insurance industry and the technology and software solutions marketed by Willis Towers Watson. Over time, you will become experienced in these solutions, working with our consultant actuaries to design, implement and manage how we deploy within clients. You will be keen to learn about these technology solutions, how they can be best deployed, how to design processes and systems around them and in all implementation matters.
The successful candidate will be able to work independently using their own initiative and would enjoy being part of a global team. The ability to take on challenges, solve problems and a willingness to learn new skills as our business grows is a key requirement. As a prerequisite you would be expected to have demonstrated some self-learning and proactive interest in the technology space, for example through gaining knowledge of at least one programming language.
The key responsibility of this role will be to support the consultant actuaries in a wide range of projects involving technology solutions.
This includes developing skills and knowledge (over a number of years) to achieve the following:
- Become an expert in Willis Towers Watson’s software suite and how they can be deployed to meet business requirements. In particular, focusing on advanced applications of the software, leveraging your technical skills, to drive efficiencies in how we deliver services to our clients
- Act as a technical specialist for the team, working on various scripts used in implementing software solutions (e.g. writing of PowerShell scripts as part of workflow building)
- Improve the architecture, deployment and operations practices within the team to introduce and adopt industry standards for many topics including automation, compliance and reporting.
Other responsibilities include:
- Working in a team and being a team player
- Supporting the gathering of business requirements and translating them into functional design specifications, preferably in an Agile environment
Training & Qualifications :
This Degree Apprenticeship is a 48 month programme where you will be provided on the job training and a highly competitive study support package for you to gain a BSc (Hons) in Digital & Technology Solutions. You will be fully supported by Willis Towers Watson and our official government approved Training Provider throughout the duration of the programme.
Post completing the degree apprenticeship you will be at the same job level as a new graduate joining the company with further training and development opportunities.
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
- Can demonstrate some skills in the technology space, such as knowledge of at least one programming language. Candidates will be subjected to a simple technical test
- The ability to deliver high levels of client service
- An ability at building effective relationships, at all levels, with clients, prospects, associates, insurers and external specialists
- Ability to represent the practice and Willis Towers Watson with integrity and credibility
- Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- 5 GCSE's (or Equivalent Qualifications) Grades A-C (9-4) including maths & English
- 3 A-Levels (or equivalent qualifications) Grades A-C including maths and/or IT/Computing
Digital and Technology Solution Specialist (degree) standard
As a Digital Technology Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Digital Technology Solutions Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship. Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship you will achieve the BSc (Hons) in Digital and Technology Solutions.
The completion of the qualification will take place in the workplace via an online platform with tutor support.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.