We are looking for a general IT support assistant to join our growing company.
This role would suit somebody who has a passion for IT systems and is interested in learning about dealing with large city businesses.
Predominately the role will involve administration and housekeeping of the IT systems and monitoring and assigning requests on the helpdesk. With future focus on upskilling to resolve issues reported.
For the right person there is the possibility to grown and potentially take on management of development team.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Data entry
- Answering phones
- Inputs information into databases, ensuring its care, accuracy, confidentiality and security
- Managing helpdesk and chasing 2nd and 3rd line
- Any other duties of a similar nature which may be required
- At the end of the Apprenticeship you have the possibility of being taken on as a permanent full-time employee at Virtualfiles
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good Writing Skills
- An ability to work to deadlines
- Comfortable with targets
- Eager to learn
- An ability to work quickly and accurately
- Passion in life to go far
- GCSEs, or equivalents, A*-C/9-4 grades
- Full Training will be given
Digital Support Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
Standard – https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/digital-support-technician/
Assessment Plan – https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/media/2909/st0120_digital-support-technician_ap_for-publishing_050419.pdf
The Digital Support Technician is a 19 month course and teaches learners how to support users of software and digital solutions through a variety of channels. There are two main options available:
- A Digital Applications Technician – offering support to internal users
- A Digital Service Technician – supporting external clients and users
Digital Support Technician delivery is based around face to face visits, webinars and online learning including video resources.
Current delivery plans are based on a combination of online classroom sessions and one-to-one training delivery. We are delivering to additional qualifications alongside the standard:
- Cisco Cyber Security Essentials – 4 modules of 7.5 hours work and 1.5 hours classroom training
- Cisco IT Essentials – 16 modules of 2.5 hours works and 2 hours classroom training
These cover the core knowledge and are completed over the first year, with one-to-one support on skills and behaviours around them. The last 3 months of the practical period is focussed on portfolios and end point readiness. Throughout the apprenticeship learner will produce portfolio to show evidence of all knowledge, skills and behaviours and how they have been used in their role.
The end point assessment is based on a series of 4 knowledge exams over 5 days and a presentation and interview based on a synoptic project that the learner has 20 hours to complete.