A typical day in this role includes:
- Owning the SEO roadmap, working with the web development teams to plan, investigate, prioritise, and implement any technical SEO changes
- Working with the Digital Marketing Manager to set, manage and report on key metrics and KPIs to measure performance
- Completing regular SEO audits of The Perfume Shop’s website and blog
- Performing ongoing keyword research including discovery and expansion of keyword opportunities
- Developing and implementing link building strategy, working with PR to maximise opportunities
- Completing regular competitor research and feeding learnings into the strategy
- Working with the PPC specialist to understand how both channels work together and identify opportunities
- Leading, supporting and developing SEO knowledge and best practice principles across the wider eCommerce Team
- Working with the Content Marketing Executive to produce SEO copy and other content to support the strategy
- Optimising our local search presence
- Defining and executing test and learn methods for continuous optimisation
- Keeping up-to date with algorithm updates and industry news that would impact organic search
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Previous experience managing SEO at a leading agency or as an inhouse specialist in B2C Technical SEO knowledge with the ability to explain requirements to developers (Desirable)
- Experience of cross-functional team working, for example working with Content Writers, Marketing Teams and Development Teams
- Demonstrable organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail at all times
- Up-to date knowledge on SEO trends and techniques
- A good understanding of all the digital marketing channels
- Microsoft Office Skills (including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook etc)Ideally a Graduate with a degree in a relevant field such as marketing or qualified by experience
What you’ll need:
- Have a passion for marketing and all things digital
- You are a stickler for details
- Can explain complex information in an easy-to-understand way
- Have genuine enthusiasm to work in a busy retail environment
- Are motivated by achieving brilliant results
- Are a brilliant communicator
- Are a self-starter with the ability to take a project and run with it
A Level 3 qualification in a relevant area in any grade. Acceptable qualifications include:
- A-levels in one or more similar subject
- Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject;
- International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in a similar subject;
- BTEC Extended Diploma in a similar subject;
- A Work experience route (2-3 years) in a similar subject-related role
Note: “Similar subject” relates to areas directly relevant to or commensurate with “Digital and Technology Solutions”
As to what constitutes a ‘similar subject’ this would therefore typically be areas such as but not limited to Level 3 digital apprenticeships, A-Level/BTEC Computer Science, Information Technology, Networking, Software Engineering, etc.
Note: Learners must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
Bachelor Degree in Digital Marketing.
You will be working alongside experts with decades of experience in the industry as an IT apprentice. Whilst you study towards your Digital & Technology Solutions Professional, you will be working in a full-time role supporting our IT team of experts.
This is a 4 years programme, which will allow you to gain a degree in Digital and Technology Solution Professional and at the same time apply your learning in the workplace.
We are ready to pass on our knowledge and develop the right candidate to be a professional in this ever-evolving field.