What will the apprentice be doing?
This role supports the digital marketing and communications for the University. You will learn to proactively devise and deliver activities and provide administrative support to the Recruitment and Marketing teams. You will also learn to provide advice and support to colleagues and potential students through a range of methods. In order to flexibly use resource, you may be offered the opportunity to work elsewhere in the department or across the University.
Main duties you will learn:
1. Researching and writing copy for external publications and websites e.g. our course pages.
2. Working with internal teams to deliver social media activity.
3. Creating high impact university staff profiles and enhancing those for existing colleagues.
4. Proactively reviewing, maintaining and developing the content of webpages.
5. Conducting competitor analysis and league table data analysis and making recommendations as appropriate.
6. Delivering market research activity e.g. arranging focus groups with students and using results to make recommendations.
7. Collating, analysing and interpreting data in relation to metrics and reviewing activities in line with these.
8. Dealing with a wide range of more complex enquiries and correspondence independently, or exercising judgement to redirect them to senior colleagues or other departments within the University.
9. Providing other administrative support for the team including arranging travel, servicing meetings, diary management.
10. Monitoring budgets including processing payments, authorising expenditure, raising concerns where finances are not in line with the budget.
11. Supports equality and values diversity, moderating own behaviour to avoid unfair discriminatory impact or bias on others.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentices will be supported to study the Digital Marketer Degree Apprenticeship. Through this they should achieve a degree in Digital Marketing.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Digital Marketing Officer
Marketing and Communications Officer
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C or above (4-9)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C or above (4-9)) Essential
A Level or equivalent Minimum 3 A levels or equivalent (Grade C and above) Essential