Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Managing paid search accounts
- Writing content for websites, outreach to websites for links
- Devising and executing Twitter, Facebook and other social media site strategies
- Completing email marketing campaigns
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
As a progressive employer, our employee friendly policies include:
- 6 weeks holiday
- Duvet day per quarter
- Free pizza Friday’s
- Fresh fruit, snacks & hot drinks in the office
- Regular team events
- Quarterly pay reviews
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- Customer Service
- Ability to deliver results
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to diagnose problems with customer accounts / results, and pro-actively suggest solutions.
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to be creative and make pro-active suggestions regarding customer marketing campaigns.
- Report Production
- General marketing / online marketing knowledge
- Ability to write content for blogs / articles / forum posts / social media / newsletters / brochures and other corporate / marketing materials.
Desirable but not mandatory:
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Knowledge of link building processes and other SEO techniques and systems
- Google Adwords Experience
- Google Adwords Certified
- Good Knowledge of Off-site SEO Practices ie. Link research, webmaster outreach (white hat only)
- Knowledge of other PPC platforms ie. Facebook, LinkedIn, Amazon, Yahoo and Bing
- Account Management Experience
- Passion in digital marketing and wanting to build a career in this sector.
- Commitment – someone who would be keen on developing and build their career in our organisation.
You need to have 5 GCSE’s
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here.
Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship Standard
Approximately 12% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 8% is done in the workplace, through workplace units, face-to-face meetings with your QA Assessor, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.