You’ll learn and use skills that will support you as you take on the wide range of technical and communication challenges that make up the digital marketing mix. If you’re organised, creative and love to communicate, this is the programme for you.
This is a brilliant opportunity for an apprentice to be involved in helping to manage several social media accounts, generating engaging content, assisting with marketing campaigns, marketing support and other exciting projects!
As a Digital Marketing Apprentice your main role and responsibilities will include:
• Company website - You will be assisting in updating and rebranding the company website.
• Flyers and campaigns - You will be keeping our digital marketing campaigns sending marketing materials to existing and new clients.
• Strategy – You will be creating the marketing strategy and planning & creating key objectives.
• Business support – You will support the business in growth through marketing by following our systems and processes.
• Social Media – You will be responsible for working with the company’s design team on creative social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn, Google my business etc.)
• Content, email marketing & website - You will proactively manage the company’s website, produce email campaigns and other marketing materials.
• Blogging – You will be involved in the creation of blogs and other industry-relevant articles to increase online presence. Creating mini videos, content strategy and writing high level copy (killer headlines, word content)
• Analysis and Reporting – You will use reporting tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook Insights to track the success of campaigns.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive training through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the marketing sector.
Our clients are a Telecommunications and IT Company that has grown year on year, with ambitious plans for growth in the future.
The successful candidate has the opportunity to be part of that journey and really take the marketing function forward and make it their own.
Driving licence would be preferable
- The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
- The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career.
To be considered for this role, you ideally would hold a GCSE in Maths and English (A*-C) or (9-3) or equivalent, and in three or four other subjects. You would look to have gained a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in Business Studies, Media or Marketing.
Please note that you must not hold an existing qualification at a higher level in a similar subject (e.g. a degree).
Develop an understanding of the range of digital marketing principles, strategies and techniques.
• Customer engagement and market segmentation
• Customer lifecycle
• Digital and Social Media Strategies
• Exploiting real-time information
• Digital marketing campaigns
Digital Marketing Business Principles
Develop an understanding of search marketing, search engine optimisation and Pay-Per-Click, email marketing, web analytics and metrics, mobile apps and how these can work together.
• Security levels necessary to protect data
• Digital etiquette
• Customer Relationship Management systems
• Understand the differences between all the major digital and social media platforms
• Plan digital content based on audience needs
• How a digital marketing team works in a business environment
Principles of Coding
Develop knowledge in the range of concepts, approaches, software languages and techniques that are applicable to Principles of Coding.
• Compatibility of code on different platforms
• Components involved in web development
• Hosting and serving
• Search Engines
• How local (cookies) or session data storage is utilised
Google Analytics IQ
Develop knowledge to be proficient in Google Analytics and be effective at leveraging Google Analytics within their organisations.
• Layout, reporting, campaign and conversion tracking
• Data collection, setup and configuration
• Analysis tools and techniques
• Advanced marketing tool