TrueStart exists to spread MASSIVE positive energy with award-winning coffee products from energising Drinks to Specialty Grade Beans to legendary Barista Grade Instant Coffee, currently retailing in over 3000 UK distribution points. TrueStart is also served in cafes & offices across the country and exports to several international markets.
As a challenger brand, we have a challenger mentality and tone of voice. We are disruptive, engaging and think differently in everything we do - from approaching new customers to delivering their latest order.
The role has come about with some recent exciting new listings and numerous conversations regarding customers taking our awesome products - Although we have an awesome team, we still have some spare seats on our rocketship for passionate and enthusiastic team players.
Your role at TrueStart:
The brand strategy is to grow brand awareness and trial through activation, sampling, digital and events. As our Marketing Executive, you take on a crucial role in spreading TrueStart’s positive energy and relentless optimism, ensuring as many people as possible are enjoying our feel-good coffee every day. From seeing our brand for the first time on social media to outstanding email communications that increase lifetime value, you are responsible for ensuring the best possible online TrueStart experience for every customer. You will need to be an innovator across the full marketing mix both in creation and in execution. You’ll work closely within our small team to share best practice and keep your eyes and ears on the market.
You will develop outstanding ways of working, create and grab customer acquisition and partnership opportunities and ensure our story and mission to make people feel GREAT gets spread further across the country.
Are you ready to dive in with us? Here’s what you will do:
- Diligently and passionately execute a winning digital brand activation & communication plan that contributes to strong growth in online sales
- Create the best experience for every single person in contact with TrueStart on social media, email and through our website
- Grow our online reach, engagement, conversions and repeat orders, turning customers into TrueStart mega-fans and regular customers for the long-term
- Be responsible for personal KPIs, leading and managing the day to day development and execution of PR and Digital Ecosystem (to include email, social, content distribution)
- Build relevant, high quality brand partnerships and be an excellent partner to our existing contacts
- The role will also involve organising and attending branded sampling events and trade shows to drive the brand experience in the real world
- Develop and execute initiatives and launches in order to drive growth and exceed targets each quarter, helping to identify KPIs and establish how we might track these (long term)
- Be an advocate of the brand internally and externally to build a winning culture with the rest of the team
- Work closely with colleagues to share best practice & ideas
You will be:
- A natural strategic, creative and commercial thinker
- Entrepreneurial and visionary mindset
- Strong critical thinking skills: deeply analytical when needed but also happy to take decisions and move fast when the market offers opportunities
- We’re a young business, so you need to be equally happy thinking big as thinking about getting little things done right – willing to get sleeves rolled up and do any job in the organisation when it needs doing
- Be an internal and external ambassador for the brand
- Be naturally articulate with a high level of credibility when talking to others, particularly in a press, sales or contract environment
- Resilience and persistence when faced with high levels of ambiguity or pressure
The ideal candidate:
You have experience in a brand marketing or communications role, ideally in the FMCG food & beverage industry. As someone who naturally builds relationships, you have a proven track record of growing brand presence online and impacting online sales. Excitingly we have a wide range of new products on the market, which are going to be HUGE and you’ll be responsible for driving both awareness and trial.
- As a very small team, culture is really important to us, which can only really be achieved when people are together. So, we would expect you to be based in the office in Bristol, but we are flexible with working from home if required
- You also have a proven track record in digital communications and know how to make every penny stretch so we don’t go bankrupt
- Keeping multiple coffee cups spinning? You've got it covered!
- You feel a clear connection with our core values: entrepreneurial, conscientious, truly authentic & relentlessly optimistic
- You find the opportunity in every coffee cup (or can)
What we offer:
- An enthusiastic, energetic team of great, driven colleagues with a lot of love for making people feel great with the power of delicious, clean, ethically sourced TrueStart Coffee
- The opportunity to get creative in getting the job done, with a true challenger mentality that can inspire others to make the impossible possible. You’ll be able to use your initiative and determination to prove that it’s possible to do things differently and win by making others feel great
- The possibility to help build TrueStart Coffee and our mission. Only together can we change the coffee industry!
- Healthy (and delicious) drinks & snacks in the office to keep your energy & spirits high
- An awesome office in Bristol, right on the Bristol-Bath cycle path
- We all work hard and have loads of fun while we’re at all. Because we flipping love what we do. We love seeing the impact TrueStart has on people’s day
- And of course, we ALL love the coffee!
Sound like you?
Are you ready to dive in with us and become our Marketing Executive?
Send us a 2-minute video to tell us about what gets you fired up in life! What makes you feel on top of the world? What makes you want to dive in? We want to get to know you and understand what makes you feel good.
In your covering letter, please tell us why you want to join TrueStart and also attach your CV.
Send over to email@example.com - we’re really looking forward to hearing from you!
- Attention to detail
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to think independently and work within a team
- Enthusiastic and committed
- Keen to learn and develop skills and willingness to embrace change
- Punctual and reliable
- Proactive and positive with a can-do attitude
- Applicants should be literate and numerate
- Grade C/4 and above (or equivalent) in English, maths and IT are preferable
Digital Marketer Level 3 standard.
Apprentices learn the skills they need on the job with the guidance of a development coach who is an expert from industry. You will finish your apprenticeship with a recognised qualification, valuable industry experience, money, and substantial opportunities for promotion.
Training is a blended learning delivery model: online learning, classroom sessions, work-based training, independent research, workplace projects, one-to-one support and training.
Your training will include:
- Using Social Media in a business environment
- Developing social media campaigns
- Social media advertising
- Risk, Reputation & Crisis Response
- Project Management
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Email marketing
- Content management systems
- Writing for SEO
- Metrics, Analytics, Reports & Optimisation
- Principles of coding level 3: Vendor qualification
- CIW Social media strategist: Vendor qualification
- CIW Internet Business Associate: Vendor qualification
For a full overview of the digital marketer standard please see: https://creativealliance.org.uk/apprenticeships/digital-marketer-level-3/