Main responsibilities include:
- Creating engaging content for distribution via social media channels, our website and of-line media
- Monitoring and report on social media and website engagement
- Assist with developing, managing and reporting on sessional promotions
- Work to improve SEO and the performance of our online presence, through keyword research and more
- Support development of new communications to our already existing clients, strengthening client retention and engagement
Given time and proven ability, the role can develop into more challenging and varied disciplines.
Additional training may be offered on applications and services used during the apprenticeship.
- This is a great new opportunity with a growing business which could lead to much greater prospects
- QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education
- To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years
- The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- An understanding of multi-channel marketing and its benefits
- Strong communication, interpersonal and active listening skills
- A high level of self-motivation and flexible approach
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage own workload
- Attention to detail
- The person we’re looking for will be able to demonstrate the skills to create engaging and thought-provoking content and imagery under the guidance of our brand manager and managing director
- The successful candidate will ideally need to have an interest in digital technology -particularly computing, but no prior experience in computing or digital technology is required
- The successful individual will show the capacity to communicate well, have a willingness to learn and be brave enough to ‘think outside the box’
- You need to have 5 GCSEs or equivalent grade A*-C/9-4 including maths and English
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here.
- Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship Standard
Approximately 12% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 8% is done in the workplace, through workplace units, face-to-face meetings with your QA Assessor, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.