- Social Media management
- Developing and implementing link building strategies
- Customer Service (live chats on the website, emails, DM on social media)
- Data entry (e.g. uploading new content)
- Reporting to your colleague about website issues, customer requests, etc.
- Write newsletters, article and blog posts
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
- Salary will be increased over time, based on performance
- Potential for uninhibited growth in addition to a chance to learn directly from the companies’ owners and directors in addition to its seasoned members of staff.
- Great potential for promotions in addition to pay rises.
- Additionally this would be a chance for the candidate to learn un-obstructed, as their ideas will be carefully considered and they will be given a wide amount of freedom to work on projects as they see fit.
Salary - £10,000 - £12,000 (Dependant on experience)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- A “can do” attitude
- A passion for social medias
- A talent for aesthetics (to be used on social media!)
- Impeccable written English (spoken English is much less important as all comms with our customers are written)
- Excellent communication skills
- Being accurate and precise with data entry
- Superior organisation skills
Some additional “good to have qualities”:
- Desire to take on additional responsibilities
- An eye for detail
- Willingness to take on organic social media management (IG, Snapchat etc.)
- Superior copywriting skills (to put to use on articles, blog posts, newsletters, etc.)
You need to have 5 GCSE’s
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level, or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more:
Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship Standard
Approximately 12% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 8% is done in the workplace, through workplace units, face-to-face meetings with your QA Assessor, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.