What will the apprentice be doing?
- Audit the school's current use of education technology
- Promote the use of new and existing technologies and supporting staff with this
- Act as a conduit between technical support services and the wider staff team
- Identify an action plan for wider staff and pupil digital skills development
- Identify and support the development of a tech-related lunchtime or after school club with a group of children
- Develop the school’s use of technology to facilitate teaching and learning across the curriculum and / or within computing as a subject
- Establish and implement the use of online collaborative tools for organisational and curriculum delivery
- Investigate the use of data in an education context
- Support the school to maintain a positive and professional online reputation
- Plan, implement and maintain an element of the school’s organisational digital presence
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Comprehensive pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety and technical specifics)
- Level 3 Digital Support Technician apprenticeship standard with 15 half-day training sessions
- e-learning training materials
- Specialist vendor and technical certificates
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- Knowledge Base
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will be perfect for a career in technology.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C or Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C Grade or Grade 4) Essential