Our Pharma Informatics (PIIX) organisation is co-creating a better future for patients through technology and information. We are an agile organisation that brings together great people who are passionate about technology innovation, and who thrive in dynamic, cross-functional, and mission-driven teams.
Our agile organisation is made up of structures called Networks and Chapters. “Networks” comprise business domain and technical experts aligned closely with our business partners to develop and deliver technology-enabled business strategy. Our “Chapters” are centres of expertise of deeply skilled people deployed for maximum impact. These teams work together to deliver outstanding value to our business, patients, and customers.
This role is working within the Onsite User Services Chapter, which delivers great employee experiences when our employees interact with our technology solutions and workplace.
In this role you require a broad set of skills in IT service management, project management business analysis, solutions development and change management just to name a few. You also need a passion for providing great employee experiences.
During this exciting 4-year apprenticeship, you will work towards a fully funded Bachelor’s degree (BSc) specialising in IT Consulting whilst gaining valuable ‘on the job’ experience and mentoring from our talented experts at Roche.
Duties will include:
- Working in a cross functional team you will contribute to the introduction of a variety of innovative technology and digital services to our workplace, bringing a fresh perspective to the way we design and deliver technology solutions not just locally but globally by collaborating with different global teams
- You could be involved in analysing business requirements and choosing solutions to our challenges, deploying solutions and contributing to the marketing and change management campaigns to ensure high adoption of the new services and tools being introduced
- You could be contributing to analysing data to ensure that our existing solutions have high satisfaction levels and are operating effectively and using this data to prioritise any future continuous improvement activities
- You could be helping our team provide first class employee experiences, technical support and educating and upskilling our colleagues so they make best use of our existing solutions or new solutions being deployed
- The four year programme will give the apprentice valuable work experience within a global industry. Therefore successful candidates can expect this programme to boost their career prospects within Roche and across other organisations
- We will also provide support throughout the duration of the apprentice to enhance your understanding of future opportunities whilst learning to network, develop growth mindset and self reflection
- Has a passion for technology
- Problem solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Customer service skills
- Passion for technology and providing great employee experiences
- Brings an agile mindset and a desire to learn new skills
- GCSE level 6/B or above in five subjects
- Maths A level plus one further Science, Engineering or Technology subject
- A levels: AAB or IB: 34/665 or BTEC: DDD
(As required by the training provider, however we will review applications if not totally aligned).
BSc Digital and Technology Solutions degree from the University of Exeter