Innovation starts life in the numbers. Data dictates where we go next. You’ll tell us what it’s saying. But first, we need to make you fluent in this unique language. By the end of the programme, you’ll understand data structures, software development procedures and the analytical tools we use. So, when we ask for your recommendation, your response will be impressive.
For the first two years you will study the core range of subjects, with pathway specialism in years three and four. Modules are taught in week blocks at the University of Warwick and will be a mix of lectures, practical laboratories, seminars and tutorials. You will also have access to a Virtual Learning Environment for further support between blocks.
You’ll contribute to the business in your assigned role, as well as undertake additional study in your own time, to achieve your academic award. A network of apprentice tutors and line managers will regularly review your progress and offer advice along the way, to support you performing at your best.
There are 4 pathways within the Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship:
- Software Engineering, in our Engineering and IT teams
- Software Engineering with Data, in our Engineering and Manufacturing teams
- Data Analytics with a variety of functions across our enterprise
- Network Engineering in our Engineering and IT teams
In year’s 1 and 2 you will cover modules in all 4 of the pathways and then in years 3 and 4 you will move into the Data Analytics pathway.
Specialism Modules (Year 1 & 2)
- Applied Maths-I, Information Business Management Operations
- Network Protocols and Infrastructure
- Personal Skills for Professional Excellence
- Smart Solutions Development-I (Programming)
- Agile Project Management
- Applied Maths-II
- Cyber Risks in Organisations
- Information Systems for Business Processes and Smart Solutions Development-II (Databases)
Specialism Modules (Year 3 & 4)
- Automotive Control Systems
- Business Analytics & Visualisation
- Cyber Security Management of Information
- Descriptive and Diagnostic Analysis-I
- Descriptive and Diagnostic Analysis-II
- Industrial Statistics
- Internet of Things, Machine Intelligence
- User Experience & Applications Development and an Individual Project
Following the successful completion of your Apprenticeship you could find yourself working in Powertrain or the Corporate Analytics team.
- BSc (Hons) Degree in Digital and Technology Solutions from the University of Warwick
Rewards and Benefits:
- Your innovation and creativity will be challenged every day, as you develop a rigorous and commercially focused approach in your work. And, with on-going support from industry leading experts and continual learning opportunities, you’ll quickly realise that our programmes have been designed to be as inspiring as the pioneering vehicles you’ll help produce
- Whichever part of the business you join your hard work and contribution deserves recognition. Our salaries are competitive, and we will also pay for your tuition and course fees and give you a generous holiday allowance as part of your package. You will be able to access a range of deals and discounts from various retailers and sports clubs
- And there are regular social events so plenty of chances to make friends and have fun too
Join us as a Digital and Technology Solutions Apprentice - Data Analytics and you’ll start influencing our success in activities across our entire business helping us to deliver our extensive plans for further growth. You’ll learn about cyber security, artificial intelligence, big data, Internet of Things, and the project management and life cycles required for them to be deployed in our business.
You can find out more about our apprentices and how they play their part on:
- Facebook – @lifeatJLR
- Twitter - @LifeatJLR
- Instagram – @lifeatjlr
Please be aware that if any of our programmes become oversubscribed, we will close them for applications before the stated deadline. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- GCSE maths and English Language at level 5 (C) or higher and in addition a further 3 GCSEs at level 5 (C) or higher
- A level maths grade B or higher and an additional A level in Physics; Chemistry; Design & Technology; ICT; Computer Science; Economics or Engineering at grade C or higher
- If you do not have, or are not studying for, A levels but you believe that your qualifications are equivalent please contact us at email@example.com to discuss before you submit an application
- In addition to these academic requirements at the assessment stage we will also look for evidence of other qualifications, knowledge, experience or qualities – for example a third A-level or other further academic qualifications; a substantial time in employment or voluntary activity; a technical project or hobby or substantial responsibilities as a carer. We will also be looking for you to demonstrate your passion for the role and explain your motivation for wanting to join our Digital Technology & Solutions Degree Apprenticeship
Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship Standard:
- For the first two years you will study the core range of subjects, with pathway specialism in years three and four. Modules are taught in week blocks at the University of Warwick and will be a mix of lectures, practical laboratories, seminars and tutorials. You will also have access to a Virtual Learning Environment for further support between blocks
- You’ll contribute to the business in your assigned role, as well as undertake additional study in your own time, to achieve your academic award. A network of apprentice tutors and line managers will regularly review your progress and offer advice along the way, to support you performing at your best