What will the apprentice be doing?
Grosvenor is an international organisation whose activities span urban property, food & agtech, rural estate management and support for philanthropic initiatives.
We develop, manage and invest to improve property and places across many of the world’s leading cities. In the food & agtech sector our growing investment portfolio includes some of the industry’s most innovative businesses working towards a better food system. We manage rural estates and their environmentally sensitive habitats, while supporting charitable initiatives targeted at vulnerable young people.
We are a values-led organisation which represents the Grosvenor family and share a common purpose – to deliver lasting commercial, social and environmental benefit – addressing today’s needs while taking responsibility for those of future generations.
At Grosvenor, we seek to recruit and develop people who share our values of integrity, respect and trust, and have the skills and ambition to help us successfully deliver our strategy. We live up to our promises, build lasting relationships with our partners and work closely and responsibly with local communities.
Purpose of role:
To work with the Commercial Analyst to create critical business reporting to; provide focus to Operations teams in delivering their day-to-day work, improve accuracy of data and speed of production of decision-making information, give visibility of Operations activity to the broader business and identify opportunities for improvement.
Successful outcomes would be improvement of Operational metrics, and improved insight and understanding of business activity.
This role will focus on supporting the Commercial Analyst in creating a suite of reporting to help the Operations team focus their efforts on areas of poor performance and deliver exceptional visibility of Operations activity to the broader business.
Data Analytics and Insights
• To support the creation of regular performance and management reporting for the Operations team.
• To support the identification of performance improvement opportunities through use of all available data.
• To support the implementation of new data collection initiatives that will deliver greater performance insights.
• The post holder will complete the L4 Data Analyst apprentice course which is estimated to be 20% of the role.
• The majority of learning will be ‘on the job’ through day-to-day responsibilities of the role and the remainder will be through independent learning, coursework and projects led by the Apprenticeship training provider.
• To identify data that is incomplete or inaccurate and is critical to performance reporting
• To work with the Commercial Analyst and Data Manager to create processes to correct data inaccuracies and improve data collection.
• Day to day reporting into the Commercial Analyst.
• Primary relationships: Information Officers, Data Manager, Digital Product Manager, Insights Team and broader operations team.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
An introduction to the world of data analysis, covering; the data and data analytics lifecycle types of data and statistical maths.
Gain a practical understanding of databases, including design, queries, administration, and maintenance.
Computer Python & R
Take a deep dive into data analysis using Python and R and how they are used to perform data analysis.
Advanced Analytics & Big Data
Develop your data analysis skills further by considering big data along with more advanced analysis techniques.
Business Operationalising Data Analysis
Complete the data analysis journey by focusing on how the results of data analysis can be used to power business decisions.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Ongoing development and support.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Team working, Eager to learn
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential