What will the apprentice be doing?
- Writing and updating code for customers' in-house custom tools
- Investigating issues raised by the end-users and working with the team to create resolutions
- Updating documentation and using source control to make note of changes
- Troubleshooting issues with existing code and tools
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Why choose our DevOps Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship?
Our DevOps Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship focuses on implementing and facilitating the use of DevOps practices within a business.
The DevOps Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programme encompasses multiple stages of the software development life cycle, automating processes around development, testing and release for continuous integration of new features, and subsequent continuous delivery of a product.
QA’s DevOps Engineer Level 4 apprenticeship programme enables the apprentice to:
- Work as part of a larger team and understand the context of both the development and technical operations aspects of a project in order to streamline communication between teams
- Interpret design documentation and specifications defined and delivered by specialist members of the team, such as a business analyst or technical architect
- Understand a combination of strong theoretical DevOps concepts further solidified with industry-standard tooling education in building, containerisation, orchestration and deployment
- Gain access to a large portfolio of learning for both general-purpose and cloud-vendor specific tooling in AWS, Azure and GCP
- Explore the developer skills needed for learners to create applications through Python with connected databases, practising TDD and OOP
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There will be an opportunity upon successful completion of the apprenticeship to gain a full-time position.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Can understand software terms, Linux/Unix CLI experience, Experience working with API’s, GIT/Source control experience, Software install experience
Qualifications RequiredA Level or equivalent STEM subject (in Technology and Maths fields only) (Grade A Level) Desired
Other Software (Grade Level 3 apprenticeship grade) Essential