At Uniper, we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer competitive salaries, company pensions and performance related benefits. Our people can also take advantage of our extensive flexible benefits package with discounts on high street vouchers, health and dental care, holidays and more.
We’re looking for people who can come in and make their mark from the word go, so you should be motivated, enthusiastic and very keen to learn. To start with, you’ll be arranging and installing equipment as part of a team so it’s vital that you can work well with other people. As you grow in experience, we’ll give you your own projects to run, and increasing levels of responsibility.
To get the most out of this programme, you’ll need to have already demonstrated your passion for IT – it could be that you’ve gained some work experience in a similarly technical environment, for example. If you have that background and you’re full of ambition, your future will be wide open. The intention is to train an Apprentice to develop within the Company. If you've the drive and relevant skills, you may even go further with Uniper and obtain a degree.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- You will be arranging and installing equipment as part of a team, this is vital so you can work well and effectively with others
- You will run your own projects
- Increased levels of responsibility gradually
- Demonstrating your passion for IT
- Have continuous drive and better yourself at Uniper
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Basic DevOps skills, Good communication skills (written & verbal) organisational skills
- Programming experience in Python or other similar languages
- Knowledge of cloud technologies: AWS or Azure
- A keen interest and passion in technology
- Technical skills with logical and creative thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a good command of written and spoken English
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- A methodical and structured approach to problem solving
- The ability to troubleshoot issues
- Good time keeping
- Team Player
- Ability to multi-task whilst under pressure
- Excellent customer service
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving skills and solution identification
- Ability to work on their own initiative with minimal supervision
- The intention is to train an Apprentice to develop within the Company. If you've the drive and relevant skills, you may even go further with Uniper and obtain a degree
- Candidates need to be in commutable distance from the Ratcliffe on Soar Technology Centre
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths).
The Estio Training programme gives people the opportunity to get experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 DevOps Engineer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to DevOps
- Cloud Platforms
- Infrastructure as Code
- Immutable Infrastructure
- Databases SQL & No-SQL
- Scription, Coding & Automated Testing
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Monitoring & Alerting
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.