Milliamp Technologies are looking for a Dev OpsTrainee that has an interest or is keen to learn about the Internet of Things, AI, sensors, embedded computing and web dashboards. We are looking for an organised person who likes to problem solve who is looking to develop their IT career, to join a fast growing electronics design team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring/maintaining internal company IT infrastructure
- Monitoring/maintaining external company IT infrastructure including virtual hostings, Amazon AWS platforms, and bespoke IoT platforms
- Supporting existing staff with any IT and software related tasks where possible
- Monitoring/maintaining internal/external company websites
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure on the company network
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and fixes
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cyber security threats
- Contributing to the companies infrastructure plan
- Undertake any other duties and projects as requested by the line manager
We are looking for a trainee to undertake 6 weeks of work within November/December 2020 with a view to Starting an Apprenticeship in January 2021.
Following successful completion of an apprenticeship we will be looking to employ the candidate full time. We will encourage continual learning and support degree apprenticeships etc.
- High level of computer literacy
- Ability or aptitude to learn about Linux, including embedded Linux running on custom electronic hardware
- Ability to do independent learning
- Approachable and friendly
4 GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) including maths and English (or equivalent).
Candidates who have not attended an Apprenticeship Interview at LMC prior to Interview must achieve at least a Level 1 on the Initial Assessment to be complete prior to enrolment.
Level 3 Digital Support Technician apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Succesful applicants will complete training in the workplace and at Preston's College to cover on the job and off the job training. This will be completed in line with the apprenticeship provision and training hours required.