DE&S/SDA Engineering Management Advanced Apprenticeship - Bristol 2020
Ministry Of Defence
DEFENCE, MINISTRY OF
- Successful applicants will undertake a comprehensive framework of practical and academic training, on a 3 year advance engineering apprenticeship starting September 2020
- The Apprenticeship is based in Bristol, with year 1 full time at Bridgewater and Taunton college studying for performing engineering operations level 2 and National Diploma in mechatronics engineering
- Free daily return coach transport will be provided from MoD Abbey Wood to Bridgewater and Taunton College.
- During years 2 and 3 Apprentices will complete 4 six month work based placements at Abbey Wood, with a day or block release HNC programme of study at Bridgewater and Taunton College
- You will also complete a level 3 vocational qualification in engineering technical support and a BTEC level 3 Diploma in engineering and HNC in Mechanical engineering.
- We are recruiting up to 60 positions and the scheme is open to anyone over the age of 16 years at the start of the Apprenticeship.
- Candidates with a dual nationality may be restricted where they can be placed in the business because of the nature of the work that is carried out
On successful completion of the scheme, you will be appointed to a role as an level 1 engineer, in which you will use your knowledge and experience to support an equip the armed forces.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Potential to lead people and work effectively in teams
- An interest in military technology
A genuine interest in developing yourself professionally to your full potential.
Candidates must be studying to attain a minimum of 5 full GCSE's A-C or grades 4-9 (or equivalent) including English Language, Mathematics and a Science or Engineering related subject and 2 additional subjects.
Candidates should also distinguish between an English Language and English Literature qualification awarded.
Full-time studies at Bridgwater & Taunton College during the first year. Day or block release during years two and three. Skills and qualifications gained:
- National Diploma (ND) - Mechatronics
- Higher National Certificate (HNC) - Mechatronics
- NVQ Level 3 - Engineering Technical Support
- Functional Skill Level 2 in English, maths & ICT
- Performing Engineering Operations Level 2
- Engineering Technician through IMechE and / or IET
- Broad range of engineering skills at awareness level including technical support, systems engineering, contract and project management
- Personal learning and thinking skills
- Employees' rights and responsibilities
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.