You’ll be joining Prestolite Electrical and undertaking an apprenticeship in a rewarding and challenging role using the latest Design Technology and Equipment.
- You will be carrying out designing and developing Prestolites range of products.
- Understand material applications and methods of testing (destructive and non- destructive)
- Understand Computer Aided Design (CAD) methods and applications understand mathematical techniques, formula and calculations in a product design and development environment
- Specific Specialist Skills read and interpret relevant data and documentation used in the design and development of components, assemblies and produce components and prototypes using a wide range of hand fitting techniques
- Produce assemblies and rigs using a range of materials and techniques use mechanical, electrical and electronic testing devices and equipment
- Understand material joining applications and system
Skilled design engineer/Team Leader/Manager.
- Being able to follow instructions
- Having good communication skills especially on the telephone
- Being methodical and organised
- Having good concentration
- Being able to work to strict deadlines
- Fully committed to learning the job
- Not afraid of hard work
- Able to communicate in a business-like manner
GCSE English and maths 9-4/A*-C or equivalent.
Advanced Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Standard.
Apprentices will be required to attend college for 1 day per week at Uxbridge Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
Our Account Manager, industry-trained assessor and Learning Advocate will support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programmes.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Standard and End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT (if required)
- Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role