Smurfit Kappa Corrugated Ltd
SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY Enterprises Ltd
The Design Apprentice role involves the following:
- Coordination and reporting to the Design Manager progress and updates on design activities
- Produce accurate drawings of packaging solutions for use by our customers
- Effectively operate selected structural design system
- Provide product technical support to the customers
- Liaising with production regarding new designs versus machine capabilities
- Once the apprentice is fully trained to the required skill levels they have the potential to develop into Senior Designers as well as a variety of other roles within the wider structure of Smurfit Kappa
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading provider within the packaging industry who will support you in your career. You will extensively train and develop within a global organisation and exposed to each area of the business. You will receive excellent financial rewards and job satisfaction in an industry which is interesting, challenging, creative and innovative.
You will be employed on a 3½ year training contract whilst you complete your apprenticeship programme with us.
You will receive a competitive salary with 25 days holiday+ public holidays and full training support.
After the 3½ year training period you will be expected to apply for vacancies within the Smurfit Kappa group.
The corrugated industry is a dynamic, fast paced and a constantly evolving manufacturing industry sector, it is creative and innovative. The corrugated industry supplies most manufacturing industries in the UK with some form of paper based packaging solution for their transit or/and sales and marketing needs in areas such as food & drink, pharmaceutical, health & beauty, automotive, aerospace, electronics & furniture plus many more.
- Willing to learn
Our apprenticeship programmes provide the perfect learning environment: innovation, motivation and support.
We know that people learn best by doing… Therefore, the ball will be in your court to make the most out of the development opportunities at your fingertips. Remember… Your future is in your hands!
- A Level maths or Science, or BTEC Level 3 Engineering, or completion of a Level 3 Engineering apprenticeship
You will learn an invaluable amount by working alongside skilled, experienced colleagues who will share their knowledge and let you know how you are getting on.
Level 6 Packaging Professional
Functional Skills in maths and English if required
You will attend Sheffield Hallam University 2/3 days every couple of months on a release basis and work towards achieving an accreditation packaging professional which is recognised by the institute of materials, mineral and mining, this will finally lead to gaining a packaging professional degree.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free