This role is ideal for someone who is looking for a new challenge, or school leaver, who is motivated and can be flexible with hours. You will undertake an apprenticeship to gain your Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing.
- Developing competence across a wide range of dental chairside support procedures
- Developing knowledge of a wide range of practical treatment procedures and the relevant support necessary to ensure effective outcomes
- Developing competence in the manipulation and application of dental materials across a wide range of dental treatment procedures
- Developing a comprehensive knowledge and application of a wide range of dental instruments and other relevant equipment necessary during preparation for treatment procedures
- Learning to prepare individual treatment rooms for a wide range of dental procedures
- Developing and demonstrate competence in decontamination and sterilisation of medical and dental devices within clinical and non-clinical environments, ensuring appropriate records are completed
- Being responsible as part of the clinical team for the care of the patient from arrival to completion of treatment
Under supervision carry out the following:
- Reception duties
- Answering telephone, receiving mail, meeting and greeting of patients and/or carers
- Managing department diaries and day books
- Sending appointments by mail
- Maintenance of monthly recall systems
- Filing and pulling of patient records
- Maintenance and upkeep of all patient records and correspondence
Possibility to become a full-time employee on completion of the apprenticeship.
- Able to learn new skills quickly
- Have a 'can do' approach
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
GCSE maths and English A*-C/9-4 or equivalent.
- Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Standard: Level 3 qualification in Dental Nursing
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required