As an apprentice Dental Nurse, you well be assisting with all clinical aspects within the surgery and providing patients with a high level of care. You will need to be unflappable under pressure and able to put people at ease. You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career.
You daily activities could include:
- Assisting the dentist with providing treatments to patients
- Patient Care
- Setting up and cleaning surgery
- Sterilising Instruments
- Updating Patient Records
- Maintaining Equipment
- Preparing instruments and materials for various treatments
- Adhering to practice policies and procedures
- During your apprenticeship you will development the skills require to support patients and dental staff in providing safe and effective treatment from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments
Possibility to become a full-time employee on completion of the apprenticeship.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication skills
- Good working attitude
- Hard working
- Have a 'can do approach'
- Must be a team player
- Must have an outgoing personality as you will be interacting with patients
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- A quick learner who is willing to take things on board
- A general interest in Dental Nursing
GCSE English and maths A-C/8-4 or equivalent preferable.
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)