You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with the skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career. Your daily activities could include:
- sterilising instruments
- updating patient records
- maintaining equipment
- preparing instruments and materials for various treatments
- being responsible for infection control in the dental surgery
During your apprenticeship you’ll develop the skills required to support patients and dental staff in providing safe and effective treatment from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments.
There is something else to smile about; upon successful completion of this apprenticeship you will have gained a City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing that is recognised by the General Dental Council, along with Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English.
Possibility to become a full time employee on completion of apprenticeship.
We advise candidates to check the location of the setting before applying. For Dental Nursing, it is a requirement to have a Hepatitis B injection.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
- Have a 'can do approach'
- Must be a teamplayer
- Must have an outgoing personality as you will be interacting with patients
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- A quick learner who is willing to take things on board
- Maths and English GCSE A*-C or equivalent.
- Level 3 qualification in Dental Nursing
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required