Ideal for someone who is looking for a new challenge, motivated and is able to be flexible with hours. You will undertake an apprenticeship to gain your Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing.
In your role, you will:
- Develop competence across a wide range of dental chairside support procedures.
- Develop knowledge of a wide range of practical treatment procedures and the relevant support necessary to ensure effective outcomes.
- Develop competence in the manipulation and application of dental materials across a wide range of dental treatment procedures.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge and application of a wide range of dental instruments and other relevant equipment necessary during preparation for treatment procedures.
- Learn to prepare individual treatment rooms for a wide range of dental procedures.
- Develop and demonstrate competence in decontamination and sterilisation of medical and dental devices within clinical and non-clinical environments, ensuring appropriate records are completed.
- Be responsible as part of the clinical team for the care of the patient from arrival to completion of treatment.
- Under supervision carry out the following: reception duties, answering telephone, receiving mail, meeting and greeting of patients and/or carers, managing department diaries and day books, sending appointments by mail, maintenance of monthly recall systems, filing and pulling of patient records, maintenance and upkeep of all patient records and correspondence.
- Participate in audit procedures under the direction of appropriate clinicians.
Possibility to become a full time employee on completion of apprenticeship.
We advise candidates to check the location of the setting before applying. The successful applicant will be expected to have a full course of Hepatitis B vaccines. Hourly starting wage:- £4.50 up to 18 £6.50 up to 21 £7.50 21 and over
- Have a 'can do approach'
- Team player
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- A quick learner who is willing to take things on board
Maths and English GCSE A*-C 9-4 or equivalent.
- Level 3 qualification in Dental Nursing
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required