As an Apprentice Dental Nurse you will be assisting with all clinical aspects within the surgery and providing patients with a high level of care so you need to be unflappable under pressure and able to put people at ease. You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with the skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career.
Your daily activities could include:
- Sterilising instruments
- Updating patient records
- Maintaining equipment
- Preparing instruments and materials for various treatments
- Being responsible for infection control in the dental surgery
During your Apprenticeship you’ll develop the skills required to support patients and dental staff in providing safe and effective treatment from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments.
Possibility to become a full-time employee on completion of the apprenticeship.
We advise candidates to check the location of the setting before applying. For Dental Nursing, it is a requirement to have a Hepatitis B injection.
- A quick learner who is willing to take things on board and face new challenges
- Good working attitude
English and maths A-C/8-4 or equivalent preferable.
- Level 3 Dental Nurse Standard
- English and maths functional skills if required