You will receive ongoing support, development and training that will equip you with the skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career. Your duties will include the following:-
- Sterilising instruments
- Updating patient records
- Maintaining equipment
- Preparing instruments and materials for various treatments
- Being responsible for infection control in the dental surgery
Throughout your Apprenticeship you will develop the required skills to support patients and dental staff in providing safe and effective treatments, from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments.
There is something else to smile about; upon successful completion of this apprenticeship you will have gained a City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing that is recognised by the General Dental Council, along with Level 2 Functional skills in maths and English
Possibility to become a full-time employee upon completion of the apprenticeship.
We advise candidates to check the location of the setting before applying. For Dental Nursing, it is a requirement to have a Hepatitis B injection and a DBS check
- Good communication skills
- Ability to cope well under pressure
- Have a 'can do' approach
- Must be a team player
- Hard working
- Must have an outgoing personality as you will be interacting with patients
GCSEs at grades A-C 9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing that is recognised by the General Dental Council
- Level 2 functional Skills in maths and English (if applicable)