You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with the skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career.
- Assisting dental care professionals with various treatments - side chair assistants
- Providing support to patients during treatment
- Decontamination of dental instruments
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment
- Updating patient records using dentally software
- Customer service; meeting and greeting clients to resolving patient enquiries
- Ensuring that the practice health and safety policy is adhered to
During your Apprenticeship you’ll develop the skills required to support patients and dental staff in providing safe and effective treatment from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments based at our dental clinic.
Possibility to become a full-time employee on completion of apprenticeship.
We advise candidates to check the location of the setting before applying. The successful applicant will also be required to occasional work at a nearby sister dental practice in Great Shelford.
- Have a 'can do approach'
- Good communicator
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- A quick learner who is willing to take things on board
- Must be a team player
- Must have an outgoing personality as you will be interacting with patients
- Reliable approach and have a passion to start a career as a dental nurse
Mathematics and English GCSE A*-C (9-4) or equivalent.
Level 3 qualification in Dental Nursing
Mathematics and English Functional Skills if required