Ideal for someone who is looking for a new challenge, motivated and is able to be flexible with hours. You will undertake an apprenticeship to gain your Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing. Wages to be discussed at interview.
In your role, you will:
- Develop competence across a wide range of dental chairside support procedures
- Develop knowledge of a wide range of practical treatment procedures and the relevant support necessary to ensure effective outcomes
- Develop competence in the manipulation and application of dental materials across a wide range of dental treatment procedures
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge and application of a wide range of dental instruments and other relevant equipment necessary during preparation for treatment procedures
- Learn to prepare individual treatment rooms for a wide range of dental procedures
- Develop and demonstrate competence in decontamination and sterilisation of medical and dental devices within clinical and non-clinical environments, ensuring appropriate records are completed
- Be responsible, as part of the clinical team, for the care of the patient from arrival to completion of treatment
- Under supervision, carry out the following: reception duties, answering telephone, receiving mail, meeting and greeting of patients and/or carers, managing department diaries and day books, sending appointments by mail, maintenance of monthly recall systems, filing and pulling of patient records, maintenance and upkeep of all patient records and correspondence
- Participate in audit procedures under the direction of appropriate clinicians
Note: The rate of pay will be £6.15-£8.30/hour depending on age.
Possibility to become a full-time employee on completion of apprenticeship.
We advise candidates to check the location of the setting before applying.
- Team player
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- A quick learner who is willing to take things on board
- Have a can do approach
- Maths and English GCSE A*-C/9-4 or equivalent
- Level 3 qualification in Dental Nursing
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required