Dental Nursing Apprenticeship - Advanced (Level 3)
Eccleshill Dental Surgery
ASPIRATION TRAINING LIMITED
As an Apprentice Dental Nurse you will be assisting with all clinical aspects within the surgery and providing patients with a high level of care so you need to be unflappable under pressure and able to put people at ease. You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with the skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career. Your daily activities could include:
- Sterilising instruments
- Updating patient records
- Maintaining equipment
- Preparing instruments and materials for various treatments
- Being responsible for infection control in the dental surgery
During your Apprenticeship you’ll develop the skills required to support patients and dental staff in providing safe and effective treatment from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments.Duties will include:
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice’s health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturers' instructions
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chair side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Always ensure the care and welfare of patients in a friendly, helpful and courteous manner
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Observe patient confidentiality at all times
- Handle all substances in accordance with Health and Safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all Health and Safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, Mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc.
- Develop radiographs
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice (perhaps including the duties and tasks of receptionist as required)
- Undergo training as may be required to develop your skills and abilities
- Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
- Follow practice dress code
- Tidy waiting area when needed
- Covering reception when required
Possibility to become a full-time employee on completion of the apprenticeship.
We advise candidates to check the location of the setting before applying.
For Dental Nursing, it is a requirement to have a Hepatitis B injection.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team
- A quick learner who is willing to take things on board
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- Have a 'can do approach'
- Must be a team player
- Must have an outgoing personality as you will be interacting with patients
- Must be motivated towards a career within Dental Nursing
- Must be ambitious with a genuine interest in dentistry
- Need to have good work ethics
Need Grade D (3) or above or equivalent in Maths and English.
Dental Nursing Level 3.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.