As an Apprentice Dental Nurse you will be assisting with all clinical aspects within the surgery and providing patients with a high level of care so you need show empathy be able to put people at ease and able to work under pressure and reliable as a team player. You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with the skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career.
Duties will include:
- Assisting dental care professionals with various treatments - side chair assistants
- Providing support to patients during treatment
- Decontamination of dental instruments
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment
- Updating patient records using dentally software
- Customer service; meeting and greeting clients to resolving patient enquiries
- Ensuring that the practice health and safety policy is adhered to
During your Apprenticeship you’ll develop the skills required to support patients and dental staff in providing safe and effective treatment from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments based at our dental clinic.
Long-term career at one of their practices on completion of the dental nursing qualification.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- A quick learner who is willing to take things on board
- Prides themselves with a common sense ‘can do approach’
- Hard working
- Must be a team player
- Must have an outgoing personality as you will be interacting with patients
- Reliable approach and have a passion to start a career as a dental nurse
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English
- Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)On the job training