You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with the skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career.
Your daily activities could include:
- Sterilising instruments
- Updating patient records
- Maintaining equipment
- Preparing instruments and materials for various treatments
- Being responsible for infection control in the dental surgery
- During your apprenticeship, you'll develop the skills required to support patients and dental staff in providing safe and effective treatment, from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments
Possibility to become a full-time employee on completion of apprenticeship.
We advise candidates to check the location of the setting before applying. If you are using public transport, please ensure you have researched the route and that a regular and reliable service is available. Your application will be rejected if you live too far away.
For Dental Nursing, it is a requirement to have a course of Hepatitis B Vaccines and a clear enhanced DBS.
This position would best suit a person who is organised
- Have a can-do approach
- Must be a team player
- Must have an outgoing personality as you will be interacting with patients
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- A quick learner who is willing to take things on board
- This position would best suit a person who is keen to learn, well spoken, reliable, punctual, efficient and keen to make patients feel welcome and cared for
Maths and English GCSE A*-C/9-4 or equivalent
- Level 3 qualification in Dental Nursing
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required