This role is ideal for someone who is looking for a new challenge, or school leaver, who is motivated and can be flexible with hours. You will undertake an apprenticeship to gain your Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing.
- Developing competence across a wide range of dental chairside support procedures
- Developing knowledge of a wide range of practical treatment procedures and the relevant support necessary to ensure effective outcomes
- Developing competence in the manipulation and application of dental materials across a wide range of dental treatment procedures
- Developing a comprehensive knowledge and application of a wide range of dental instruments and other relevant equipment necessary during preparation for treatment procedures
- Learning to prepare individual treatment rooms for a wide range of dental procedures
- Developing and demonstrate competence in decontamination and sterilisation of medical and dental devices within clinical and non-clinical environments, ensuring appropriate records are completed
- Being responsible as part of the clinical team for the care of the patient from arrival to completion of treatment
Under supervision carry out the following:
- Reception duties
- Answering telephone
- Receiving mail
- Meeting and greeting of patients and/or carers
- Managing department diaries and day books, sending appointments by mail
- Maintenance of monthly recall systems
- Filing and pulling of patient records
- Maintenance and upkeep of all patient records and correspondence
Possibility to become a full time employee on completion of the apprenticeship.
We advise candidates to check the location of the setting before applying. If you are using public transport, please ensure you have researched the route and that a regular and reliable service is available. Your application will be rejected if you live too far away.
For Dental Nursing, it is a requirement to have a course of Hepatitis B Vaccines and a clear enhanced DBS.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- A quick learner who is willing to take things on board
- Hard working
- Have a 'can do approach'
- Must be a team player
- Must have an outgoing personality as you will be interacting with patients
Maths and English GCSE at A-C/7-4 or equivalent.
- Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills if required