As an Apprentice Dental Nurse, you will be assisting with all clinical aspects within the surgery and providing patients with a high level of care, so you need to be unflappable under pressure and able to put people at ease.
You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with the skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career.
Your daily activities could include:
- Sterilising instruments
- Updating patient records
- Maintaining equipment
- Preparing instruments and materials for various treatments
- Being responsible for infection control in the dental surgery
During your Apprenticeship you’ll develop the skills required to support patients and dental staff in providing safe and effective treatment from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments.
Possibility to become a full time employee on completion of apprenticeship.
We advise candidates to check the location of the setting before applying. For Dental Nursing, it is a requirement to have a Hepatitis B injection.
Hardworking individual with a desire to become a qualified dental nurse.
- Have a 'can do approach'
- Must be a team player
- Must have an outgoing personality as you will be interacting with patients
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- A quick learner who is willing to take things on board
English and maths GCSE A*/9 - C/4 or equivalent qualifications.
- Level 3 qualification in Dental Nursing
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required