What will the apprentice be doing?
This is an exciting role for an enthusiastic and able individual to train as a dental nurse. You will be completing a wide range of duties involved with assisting the dentist in the care of customers. These will include:
- Chairside assistance – passing instruments to the dentist
- Updating patient records as instructed by the dentist
- Setting up and preparing the surgery
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and infection control
- Keeping patient information confidential
- Following all workplace policies and procedures
- You will also be required to perform a receptionist service to customers, booking appointments and welcoming patients
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Dental nurse integrated L3 apprenticeship standard.
L3 extended diploma in dental nursing.
College attendance will be required one day every other week. You may be also required to attend for functional skills.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Working towards a full time position with the practice.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4 or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Desired