In-house training will be given by an experienced team and the apprenticeship qualification will be provided in the workplace.
As a dental nurse, your duties would include:
- Providing chairside assistance to the dentist
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment
- Sterilisation of instruments
- Mixing materials
- Charting on the computer
- Complying with strict cross infection procedures
- Developing digital x-rays
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials are within the surgery
- Carrying out some reception and administrative tasks
There are good career progression opportunities, for example, Hygienist & Practice Management and many other industry professions for the right person.
You will be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check.
References will be required from a previous employer and/or educational provider.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Our ideal candidate would have a professional approach with a hardworking attitude
- They would provide excellent patient care and show commitment to their work
- Keen to learn
- You must be of smart appearance at all times, wearing a clean and presentable uniform and have a positive attitude
- GCSE maths & English Grade C/4 and above (or equivalent) are required
- (Qualification will be checked before your application is submitted to the employer)
- An initial assessment for maths & English is also required
- Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3
- Functional Skills in English and maths
- Health and safety
- Equality and diversity
- First Aid at work