- Assist the Dentist/Hygienist in all clinical procedures providing chair- side assistance which includes maintaining impeccable standards of hygiene and cross infection control
- Preparing instrument trays for procedures and ensuring surgery management is adhered to
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is completed promptly and accurately and assist in managing the appointment book
- Build trusting and caring relationships with patients, ensure their comfort and retain them as a client maintaining patient confidentiality at all times
- Assist in manning the reception/patient lounge (as the business necessitates), providing a customer-focused and seamless patient journey according to the practice's brand standards, that assists in recruiting and retaining patients
On successful completion of the apprenticeship you can register with the GDC as a qualified Dental Nurse.
- Genuine interest in working in Dental Nursing
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Team player
- Willingness to participate in Vocational Training Programmes
GCSE maths and English grades 4 or above (A-C) or equivalent.
Dental nurse Level 3
Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dental Nursing - This is the competency qualification that will be assessed in your workplace.
Functional Skills, Level 2 Communication and Application of Number (unless exempt)