To assist in the delivery of dental care to patients (both clinical and non-clinical) providing proactive support and assistance to the designated clinicians/hygienist.
Initially, you will be supervised by our experienced team of nurses. Once proficient and you are able to work alongside the clinicians/hygienists without being supervised by another member of the dental nursing team you will work chairside independently.
Assist the dentist/hygienist in all clinical procedures, providing chair-side assistance.
- Maintain impeccable standards of hygiene and cross-infection control, according to the latest guidelines and following practice procedures and policy
- Prepare instrument trays for procedures
- Take clinical photographs (etc) when requested and store according to practice policy
- At the end of the surgical day ensure the surgery management is adhered to in line with practice procedures and policy
- Advise the Lead Nurse/Treatment Co-ordinator of any faulty or poorly functioning equipment so that prompt action can be taken to remedy any defects/problems and ensure service and maintenance at the required frequency
- Ensure that all the relevant paperwork is completed promptly and accurately and that all client records are updated and maintained according to practice procedures
- Maintain registration and comply with all GDC requirements
- Assist in managing the appointment book for all dentists/hygienists ensuring that the daily production targets can be met and the booking system is followed and to ensure no delays for patients or clinicians
- Build trusting and caring relationships with all patients and take all reasonable steps to ensure their comfort and retain them as a client
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Monitor stock levels for materials and sundries and order/liaise with the Financial Director and Clinical Director on ordering
- Coordinate (as required) with the laboratory and reception on the timely dispatch and receipt of work
- Assist the clinical and reception teams in gaining acceptance for treatment plans from clients and support the practice in gaining testimonials and referrals from clients
- Proactively and positively contribute to practice meetings
- Assist in manning the reception/patient lounge (as the business necessitates) providing a customer-focused and seamless patient journey according to the practice’s brand standards that assists in recruiting and retaining patients
- Is willing to answer the telephone if the receptionists are busy with patients
- Will operate the decontamination room in accordance with practice procedures
To continue in employment as a Dental Nurse if applicable
The Working hours are 8.45 -5.15 Mon- Thur - 1 hr lunch and then 8.45 -.3.45 Fridays - 30 min paid lunch
- Genuine interest in working in Dental Nursing
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team player
- Willingness to participate in Vocational Training Programmes
GCSE maths and English grades 4 or above (A-C) or equivalent.
Dental Nurse Level 3
Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing This is the competency qualification that will be assessed in your workplace.
Functional Skills, Level 2 Communication and Application of Number (unless exempt)