Dental Nurse Apprentice
- Assist the Dentist/Hygienist in all clinical procedures providing chair- side assistance which includes maintaining impeccable standards of hygiene and cross infection control
- Preparing instrument trays for procedures and ensuring surgery management is adhered to
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is completed promptly and accurately and assist in managing the appointment book
- Build trusting and caring relationships with patients, ensure their comfort and retain them as a client maintaining patient confidentiality at all times
- Assist in manning the reception/patient lounge (as the business necessitates), providing a customer-focused and seamless patient journey according to the practice's brand standards, that assists in recruiting and retaining patients
Hours of work will be between the following hours:
- Monday 8.45am -5.00 pm
- Tuesday 8.15 am-5.00 pm
- Wednesday 8.45 am-5.00 pm
- Thursday 8.15 am-5.00 pm
- Lunch is 1pm-2 pm unpaid.
The wage will be reviewed as you progress through your course.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship you can register with the GDC as a qualified Dental Nurse.
- Genuine interest in working in Dental Nursing. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team player Willingness to participate in Vocational Training Programmes
GCSE maths and English grades 4 or above A-D or equivalent.
Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing - This is the competency qualification that will be assessed in your workplace.
Apprentices will achieve a qualification that has been approved by the General Dental Council (GDC) as meeting the requirements for entry to the professional register.
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C) 9/4
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.