What will the apprentice be doing?
Our Town Planners guide development proposals at each stage of the project lifecycle, from creation of planning strategies to the development management process. With long-standing experience in the planning sector, we offer our clients a broad spectrum of consulting services including, but not limited to, the following:
- Strategic advice on proposals
- Preparation of applications for planning consent
- Pre-application consultation and negotiation
- Stakeholder engagement and management of the consultation process
- Impact assessments
- Support planning applications through the decision-making and post-decision processes
- Coordinating multi-disciplinary teams to provide supporting information
- Undertake studies to support local authority planners or development agencies
- Preparation of planning policy and supporting documents
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As part of your apprenticeship, you'll study towards the listed qualificaiton You'll study at a local partner college on day release, and combine this experience with real responsibilities in the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
When joining us as one of our apprentices, you’ll enjoy the opportunity to study for a paid, professionally-recognised qualification in a discipline that will help you further your career.
Throughout your apprenticeship, you’ll have access to our online network. You’ll also take internal courses. These cover technical aspects of the business, such as software, but also vital ‘soft’ skills such as report writing and working effectively.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Number skills, Team working, Enthusiasm
Qualifications RequiredOther Relevant discipline - Honours degree (Grade 2:1) Essential