Degree Apprenticeship - Disability Mentoring Program Coordinator
Pearson Education Ltd
Pearson College London
The program’s goal is to facilitate the professional employment of talented and motivated young adults who can benefit from the career mentoring and support available from corporate employees. Under the direction of the Program’s leadership, the Coordinator for the Mentoring Program will deliver services and materials that enable the Program’s leadership team to recruit, train and support mentoring partnerships, evaluate the program’s effectiveness, develop effective partnerships and engage in external dissemination activities. This person will work closely with the leadership team on strategy development and implementation and will be responsible for managing and implementing specific projects within the program design.
- Maintain annual timetable of all program activities and deliverables
- Identify US and UK based sources for mentor recruitment
- Identify external resources for mentee recruitment
- Maintain program participant database
- Draft recruitment materials for mentees and mentors
- Organise training materials
- Organise training webinars and provide technical support
- Schedule mentor partnership review check-ins
- Administer and collect Program evaluation materials
- Organise travel and planning logistics for bi-annual Advisory Council Meetings
- Provide the administration to support the Advisory Council Meetings
- Develop and manage social media activities, including but not limited to a website, blog, and internal intranet (Neo) space
- Assist in the development of program dissemination materials
- Support the leadership team in the implementation of the strategy
- Lead on specific projects and participate in projects associated with the program
After 3 years you’ll have completed your Degree Apprenticeship, gained your honours degree, plus you’ll have a CV full of experience!
- Genuine interest and passion for supporting career goals of aspiring professionals with disabilities
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of database management, webinar technology, social media and website development
- Some experience of administration around managing and coordinating events and meetings
- Self-starter with the ability to identify areas of need
- Superb organisational skills
- Eligible to study in the UK
- English Language and maths GCSE grade 4/C or above (or equivalent)
- If you are studying A levels (or equivalent) or completing further education you must be due to complete your qualification(s) by September 2019. We are unable to process applications for students that are part way through their current studies
Chartered Manager Degree level 6 standard Apprenticeship.
A Degree Apprenticeship combines work-based and off-the-job learning and the Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship includes special modules which have been designed to allow you to achieve academic credit through work-based consultancy and research projects.
These modules are designed to be flexible and to enable you to incorporate your learning in the workplace with your academic learning in the classroom. In Introduction to Research, you will develop essential research skills which you will apply in the workplace on a project agreed with your academic mentor and your company mentor.
The Self-managed Learning modules allows even greater autonomy. In conjunction with your company mentor and academic mentor, you will design a work-based project which will give you the opportunity to demonstrate the use of your initiative and a level of autonomy by applying your skills and knowledge to a specialist area related to your work.
Throughout all your modules, you will also be collecting evidence of your knowledge, skills and behaviour in your e-portfolio.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.