Degree Apprentice - Digital & Tech Solutions
Access Advertising Marketing & Design Ltd
MANCHESTER METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY
We are recruiting for a ?Degree Apprentice ?to join our expanding development team of specialists across; strategy and planning, project management, design, user experience, development, QA and testing.
Access’ development team is primarily focussed on the Drupal development framework and related open source technologies.
We have expertise in building Content Management Systems, online customer portals, intranets, e-commerce solutions and multilingual brand and content websites. We also specialise in system integrations and API work, and creating bespoke applications using a variety of open source technologies – all of which you will have the opportunity to learn and get involved with.
Based in our Manchester office, you’ll work with a friendly and supportive team, with the opportunity to start your career working with a well known national brands across varied industry sectors; WaterAid, BAFTA, National Grid, National Youth Theatre, University of Central Lancashire, Stagecoach Bus and Wave Utilities – as well as numerous smaller regional businesses, charities and our own internal projects.
Our staff retention is high with many of our graduate developers progressing to senior and lead roles.
We provide an excellent continuous professional development programme with regular reviews, feedback and training to help progress your career at a pace that suits you.
You’ll have a comprehensive induction and training period where you’ll get to learn our processes, tools and services before being guided and mentored on live projects…
What you’ll be doing:
- Focussing on developing your own area of expertise, learning Drupal and other open source technologies
- Participating in briefing sessions, code reviews and? project planning
- Shadowing experienced developers on larger projects
- Supporting existing clients with application fixes, upgrades and improvements
- Creating technical documentation to explain what your code does, and how it affects the wider project
- Learning about the wider business and how strategy, design, user experience and development create the end product
- We also specialise in system integrations and API work, and creating bespoke applications using a variety of open source technologies – all of which you will have the opportunity to learn and get involved with
- We offer a competitive salary, dependent on qualifications and experience. On top of this we provide a range of benefits, perks and opportunities to provide a rewarding package
Whether you are already interested in Software Engineering or Computer Science, we want to hear from you. Most importantly, you’ll have a passion for technology, problem-solving and the ambition to develop yourself and your skillset.
Your Skills and Experience:
- The minimum requirements as set out by the University of choice
- ?Willing to learn
- A problem solver
- None required as full training will be given
The apprenticeship combines workplace training with a programme focused on IT in business and includes a blend of technology, commercial and project skills. The core units include:
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Business Systems
- Introduction to Web Development
- Computing Fundamentals
- Technology Management
Pathway units and negotiated business projects, allow you to study a specialist route in Business Technology (IT Consultant), Software Engineering, Data Analytics or Cyber Security.
You can also choose an elective unit, which may include: User Experience Design, Digital & Social Media, CRM, Mobile Applications Development, Enterprise Computing and Advanced Web Development.
As well as the academic content, the apprenticeship includes sessions on communication, presentation and team working skills, to help you become a confident digital and technology practitioner.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free