Degree Apprentice – Digital and Technology Solutions - Degree (Level 6)
Goodyear Dunlop Tyres (UK) Ltd
Achieve Your Full Potential
As a company, we embrace the diversity of our workforce and value your contributions. We strive to provide you with a safe work environment, the resources needed to do your job, and ample opportunities for growth. These objectives, coupled with competitive compensation and benefits, allow us to foster an environment where you can work to achieve your full potential and contribute to the Company’s success.
Our Degree Apprenticeship offers
- A full-time permanent role from the start and a competitive compensation package
- Study on a part-time basis for a BSc Honours Degree in Digital & Technology Solutions through Aston University
- The chance to put your learning and new skills into practice in your day-to-day role and make a contribution quickly
- A supportive learning environment and the opportunity to work in our EMEA IT team based at our Birmingham Head Office and benefit from interactions with professional managers and technical experts
- Study leave and on-the-job learning
- The opportunity to have a job with a global organisation whilst studying for a degree at a leading university. Goodyear will also pay for your degree
Your Role and Responsibilities
- You will support English speaking users of our Retail ERP solution GRIPS (based on Microsoft Dynamics)
- Complete development, enhancements and bug fixes for GRIPS
- Work as an advisor for the users of GRIPS and help to define improvements
- Coordinate tasks with external developers and consultants
- Help to define future version of GRIPS, adapting to changes in the tyre industry
- Manage the implementation of bug fixes and smaller upgrades
- Manage the roll out of major releases and new country versions
- Work in a team on the cloud strategy for Goodyear’s Retail solutions
- Integration into other Retail systems in the tyre industry (Goodyear and non-Goodyear)
Completion of the Degree Apprenticeship in Digital and Technology Solutions will provide you with the foundations you need for a successful and rewarding career at Goodyear.
This role is based at our Head Office at the Birmingham Business Park, candidates must be able to travel to the office daily and when required, travel to Aston University.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have to satisfy the following additional requirements which are specific to this programme:
- Be 18 or over when starting the apprenticeship (for legal reasons)
- Not in full-time education when starting the apprenticeship
- UK/EEA Nationality or Permanent Residency Status or Residing in the UK/EEA for at least 3 years prior to starting your apprenticeship
Please note that these eligibility criteria are set down by the UK government and may be subject to change from time to time.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Logical thinking and a creative approach to problem solving
- Collaborative team player capable of building successful relationships
- Good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and willing to take accountability for work and adapt to change effectively
- You should be able to demonstrate your interest in technology through some previous work experience or a hobby … you may have designed a website or done some programming
- You should have the flexibility to travel if needed
The minimum qualifications required by the Education and Skills Funding Agency is Grade 4 or C GSCE or equivalent in Maths & English.
You should have, or be studying 3 A levels or equivalent, preferably including STEM subjects or alternative qualifications and have gained or have predicated grades of CCC or equivalent. We do not require specific subjects at A-level but if you are applying on the basis of an A-level in Computing and/or Maths, we require a grade of C or above.
Digital and Technology Solutions is the most established degree apprenticeship at Aston. It was the first degree apprenticeship offered in the UK and has developed capable professionals at a range of companies.
You will be trained in a wide range of programming tools, methods and techniques allowing you to add value to your organisation straight away. The course covers applied competence in the application of IT, promotes business awareness and delivers understanding of the issues central to IT organisations.
Goodyear will provide on the job training, day to day experiences and will support with 20% off the job training.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.