If you are an exceptional person already making older people happy we want to meet you.
If you are an exceptional person that has never worked in care we also want to hear from you.
Experience is important, but so to is a positive attitude, a desire to learn, and if you can demonstrate commitment to the Greensleeves Values.
Everybody that works with us once had their first day in care; maybe tomorrow will be yours!
The role of Care Assistant is a varied and rewarding role in which you will:
- Support the residents in our care with their physical and emotional needs in order to live a varied, full and person centred life
- You will be expected to support our residents with all aspects of their daily living
- Ensuring that hobbies are maintained
- Maintaining contact with families and friends or it may be a visit to the shops
- Greensleeves offer good rates of pay, a full and varied training package and a staff benefits scheme
- Uniform is provided, Pension Contributions, Christmas Bonus Bond, Lifestyle Benefits and Death-in-Service benefit
We at Greensleeves Care promote career development and have had success stories in our homes including individuals working their way up from Care Assistant to Home Manager. One of these individuals now manages a 60-bed home!
If you should decide that you wish to explore other career opportunities these are available within the trust, this could include training & development or quality.
- Good communication skills
- Adaptable to change
- Being non-judgemental
- Ability to be empathetic with others
GCSE English and maths C/4 grade/equivalent desirable
- Health, Safety & Wellbeing
- Manual handling
- Basic food hygiene
- Infection control
- Dementia awareness
- Record keeping, report writing & communication
- Fire prevention & awareness
- Medication awareness
- Safeguarding adults
- Safeguarding children & young people
- Fluids & Nutrition awareness
- Equality & Diversity
- Mental capacity & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Care certificate
Adult Care level 2 apprenticeship Standard – this includes maths and English at required level