What will the apprentice be doing?
Day-to-day, you will:
- Manage and respond to queries about FCA data and FCA data collection processes
- Support internal stakeholders and FCA data initiatives on how the data we collect, buy and generate can support their business objectives
- Using knowledge of FCA datasets to help support promoting the better use of data
- Use Excel, Tableau and INTACT to analyse late returns data and automate parts of the process
- Analyse trends in the data to support work on problem firms and those firms regularly receiving late fees to support Enforcement action
- Produce Management Information on new data collections and support a new communications and engagement strategy
- Add cases and run reports in our case management system.
- Undertake basic data extraction
What will I get from the role?
- Play a key role in helping to maintain the data on which to base our regulatory interventions
- The opportunity for professional growth in an innovative function that encourages continued learning and development of technical and non-technical skills
- Opportunity to work in a diverse and inclusive team that champions positive work culture
- The freedom and support to experiment with new working practices
- Opportunity to engage a wide range of stakeholders to drive the use of data and information sources as the FCA becomes more data-led
- Opportunity to be involved in change work to improve data use within the FCA
- Chance to join a friendly, enthusiastic, and committed team
- Exposure to a wide range of FCA areas and activities
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Why choose our Microsoft Data Essentials apprenticeship?
QA’s Microsoft Data Essentials Level 3 apprenticeship can support your business to be more productive with data and adapt to a modern-day workplace.
Data available to organisations is increasing at scale. How your business leverages it is essential to successful transformation and continued growth.
QA's Microsoft Data Essentials Level 3 apprentice will learn to:
- Source, format and present data securely, using Microsoft Excel, Power BI and SQL. Find out more about our additional Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel Associate module below.
- Analyse structured and unstructured data to support business outcomes
- Blend data from multiple sources as directed
- Communicate outcomes appropriate to the audience
- Apply legal and ethical principles when manipulating data
QA’s Microsoft Data Essential Level 3 apprenticeship programme enables your organisation to:
- Build the capabilities you need throughout your organisation to collect, study, organise and present data, increasing digital adoption and the provision of intelligent and valuable business insights
- Create and develop analysts for the modern workplace by reskilling your existing talent, or hiring new entry-level talent. QA’s programmes, partnerships and recruitment capability enable us to tailor a solution that works for your business
- Provide training that acts as a standalone solution or as part of a wider academy/programme to an array of business functions
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Apprentices who successfully complete their professional qualification and apprenticeship programme will be considered for a permanent role within the FCA.
Reality CheckImportant Information: QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education. To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Organisation skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Learn new systems quickly, Prioritisation
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 3 of any subject (Grade 4+ (A - C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 3+ (D or above)) Essential