What will the apprentice be doing?
- Help members of the team answer enquiries from our customers from both inside and outside of the council
- To gather and analyse information and data in order to produce summary reports
- Support the day-to-day administrative running of the Transport Delivery service
- Work supporting each of the different teams in Transport Delivery and help run specific projects and pieces of work in each of these area with Senior Colleagues
- Use Transport Delivery’s bespoke database and WCC financial systems to record information, run reports and manage contracts and services
- To undertake routine financial procedures, including creation of requisitions and purchase orders, authorisation of small amounts of expenditure from agreed budgets and ensuring compliance with all relevant policies and procedures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This apprenticeship will provide you with the Level 3 Data Technician Apprenticeship and an additional qualification, the Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel Associate, delivered by QA Ltd as part of their Microsoft Data Essentials programme. Training will be delivered by QA in line with modules that include online workshops and regular check ins from an assessor.
More information about this apprenticeship can be found here: https://www.qa.com/apprenticeships/data-analytics-ai/microsoft-data-essentials-level-3/
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
It is Warwickshire County Council policy to seek that all our apprentices are retained in a further position, subject to performance and completion of the apprenticeship, and an available vacancy. Progression from this apprenticeship could be to become a Transport Delivery Officer, a Business Support Officer, or a Business Inteliigence Officer.
Reality CheckThis role will be subject to WCC's flexible working policy, meaning you can work from the office or from home - in all likelihood there will be a balance between the two. All equipment needed for this will be provided. Please consider your travel requirements for getting to the office location (central Warwick) before applying.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade A - C / 9 - 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A - C / 9 - 4) Desired