The programme is currently looking to recruit apprentices offering opportunities to work in Information Management gathering, analysing, interpreting and presenting information about health and healthcare to develop service delivery and improve patient care.
Apprentices should be hardworking, organised individuals who are flexible and willing to learn with a personal interest in IT/Technology.
Further information on the Skills Development Network, the Foundation Informatics Apprenticeship as well as careers in the NHS can be found at www.nhsapprenticeships.com
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Responding to telephone enquiries in a professional and friendly manner
- Providing basic administrative support for members of the team
- Collecting and compiling data from different sources
- Inputting data using various software
- Performing database queries, both routine and ad-hoc, extracting data for analysis
- Assisting with the production of a range of ad-hoc and standard data analysis reports
- Assisting in the production of performance dashboards and reports
- Assisting with data quality checking and cleansing
This opportunity is advertised on a fixed term contract basis due to this being an apprenticeship, the objective of which is to gain a recognised qualification and experience in the workplace. This does not include a guaranteed permanent post with an NHS organisation, however throughout the apprenticeship individuals will be eligible to apply for vacancies within their workplace organisation, subject to the usual recruitment processes, with support being provided to ideally secure a position by completion. The apprenticeship will provide valuable work experience and a qualification that is recognised by employers.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication (written and verbal)
- Team working
- Good analytical skills
- Logical thinking
- Ability to act on own initiative and follow instructions
- Flexible and adaptable
- IT literate
- Keen interest in IT
- Punctual and reliable
- Friendly, outgoing nature
- A thorough approach to work undertaken
- A professional attitude to work
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and maths).
The Estio Training programme gives people the opportunity to get experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Data Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, maths L2 and English L2
- Foundation Maths
- Data Theory & Introduction to Excel
- Visualisations & PowerBI
- Introduction to Databases & SQL
- SQL IN Practice
- R Fundamentals: Statistics & Analytics
- Python Fundamentals: Operations, Structures & Analysis
- Python Fundamentals: Statistics & Analytics
- Applying Skills as a Data Technician
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.