You will be part of one of our Research and Development (R&D) teams who support the innovation, discovery and development of differentiated, high-quality and needed medicines that are bringing transformational benefits to patients. The Data Systems Engineering apprentice role is based at our Oral Solid Dose pilot plant at Ware which supports the manufacturing of pharmaceutical products for clinical trials and process development, through the maintenance and development of our quality compliant Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems.
The key tasks will be:
- Contributing to the administrative maintenance of large complex control system in order to ensure ongoing quality compliance to current regulatory standards
- Liaising with pilot plant stakeholders and customers to support them in the introduction of new machinery to the plant and its addition to the control system
- Making changes to system configuration, coding, graphic design, and data capture storage and visualisation in support of upgrades and additions
- Supporting daily plant operations by responding to a wide range of hardware and software issues, fault finding and fixing
- Ensuring system security is always maintained through understanding and implementing network design and segregation, access control, monitoring, reporting, patching and disaster recovery standards
- Maintaining quality compliance throughout the system validation lifecycle with involvement in requirement gathering, planning, designing, testing and in-use activities such as data integrity, auditing, and change control management
- Improving the availability of useful process and facility data for a variety of users through the provision of the right data and the tools to visual it
We hope that the apprenticeship will lead to a long and successful career at GSK. We have apprentice alumni in a variety of senior roles across the business.
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent grade 9-5 (A*-C+) including maths and English Language (not Literature)
- Must have/be predicted 96 UCAS points from your top 3 A levels
- Must have A level maths at grade C (or above) alternatively A level Computer Science at grade B (or above) plus maths GCSE at grade 7 - 9 or A - A*
Training Provider to be confirmed.
On our 4 ½ year scheme you’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from industry experts from day one combined with early responsibility to help you to develop and progress. You’ll be working towards a Bachelor’s degree (BSc) in Digital and Technology Solutions.